work with us
Full Stack Wordpress Developer - Junior/Mid
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the growth of an up and coming web agency working with some fantastic brands with rewarding outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about driving results for our clients and wants to be an integral part of the growth of our agency.
Full Stack WordPress Developer – Junior/Mid
Reading | £28,000 – £38,000 + Company Perks + Flexible & Remote Working
This is an exciting role in our growing in-house team.
Your time, spent either working from home or the office, will be split between building brand new websites and providing support and updates to existing clients.
Applicant should have:
You will have experience designing and building responsive and mobile optimised websites using modern standards. You will be able to share a portfolio of impressive examples of live websites previously built or worked upon, which we’ll ask you to include within your application.
Experience building websites in a digital agency is desirable but, if not in an agency environment, then in a role where the development of multiple websites is the primary part of your role.
Front-end expertise required:
- Able to code pixel perfect web pages
- Ability to deliver front end code without using any frameworks
- Familiar with and able to follow WCAG for accessible websites
- Ability to deliver websites which are technically optimised for search engines
- Able to cater for retina displays
Back-end expertise required:
- Proficient in PHP & SQL
- Demonstrable experience creating bespoke WordPress themes
- Ability to source plugins and adapt functionality where required
- Ability to solve more complex problems by creating custom plugins / code
- Creating user friendly WordPress admin areas with bespoke hints and tips to assist clients
- Technical considerations for SEO
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience using Adobe XD to extract information to assist with development
- Experience with other CMS like Magento, Joomla, Drupal or others
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
- Experience with CRM systems like Zoho or Hubspot or at least linking them with website forms
Other essential requirements:
- Understanding of UX and ability to approach projects with a user centric approach and understanding
- A general can-do attitude
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Ability to identify and solve problems quickly
- Thorough in every area and takes pride in all work
- Ability to think outside the box (and sometimes the spec) to achieve the best possible results
- Able to highlight potential problems before they happen
- An excellent telephone and email manner
- Ability to talk with clients on their level without jargon and happy talking to clients if necessary
- Always keeping an eye out on future technology and a willingness to evolve skillset
- An understanding of the technicalities of web server hosting & DNS
The low down:
We’re a UK-based agency with a focus on user experience, and good development is a vital part of this too. At this moment in time we are a small business with one other full-time developer and a couple of equivalent contractors. This comes with an abundance of positives.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in an agency that has exciting growth plans and make a real difference. Everyone involved in the business is highly-valued, and their suggestions, concerns, ideas, carefully listened to. We want to grow as a team and you’ll become one of the originals who’ll have a huge input into how that happens and what shape it takes.
If you fit the bill, please send your CV with personalised cover letter (making sure its more than just a one-liner) to firstname.lastname@example.org.