work with us
Senior Project Manager
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the growth of a unique and growing web agency working with some fantastic brands with rewarding outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about driving results for our clients and wants to be an integral part of the growth of our agency.
There will be excellent opportunity to shape the role and how it evolves.
Senior Digital / Web Project Manager
Remote Working plus adhoc meet-ups in Reading, Berkshire
£40,000 – £50,000
Plus Company Perks + Flexible & Remote Working (Part Remote post Covid)
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Define project team (internally and externally)
- To project manage the resource in the studio to include scheduling and direction of team
- Ensure client projects are delivered within the time required to make the project profitable to the highest quality.
- Communicate project plans and job status to clients at least weekly if not daily (if there are changes for any reason)
- Foresee and solve problems around delivery issues
- Plan all projects that are delivered through the business, minimising the mistakes or overservicing that could cause delay in service delivery.
- Document all the processes in the business relating to delivery of services (from sales client on boarding to project handover).
- Ensure project documentation is signed and project stages or jobs are formally signed off
- Monitor and manage performance of developers and scrutinises timesheets with PMO Admin weekly
- Ensures that timesheets and invoices correlate accurately, so there is no missed billing invoicing
- Focus on pushing as much revenue through the P&L and utilisation
- Advise Head of Talent / HR on positive/negative resourcing requirements at least two months ahead of requirements (this requires regular communication with Head of Sales to analyse the pipeline).
- Project manage internal projects
The project management role assists with these overall business objectives:
- Helps visualise our unique approach / project management methodology to delivery
- Managing of scheduling system helps us to understand who is booked out on what resource/projects in the future.
- Helps us to identify where the gaps are on resource that need to be sold (& provide reports that can be fed back to account managers and senior leadership team)
- When processes fail, helps us to review why and process to prevent the same issue happening again.
- Records all of the billability and efficiency of the time.
- Manages under or over servicing of clients.
- Prevents unnecessary scope creep by ensuring that what is delivered is within scope.
- Helps to manage third party contractors and third-party agencies working in partnership on project delivery.
- Helps us to work with individuals in the team to understand how best they can improve the efficiency in the delivery of their services.
- Assists in the recruitment of billable people to ensure that they have the right skills to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures management of any testing, snagging, or post project support.
- Help support resource planning as demand increases.
- Assists with revenue recognition on projects.
The project manager should think in ‘person-day terms’ not ‘money terms’
Desired/Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a web agency environment (E)
- Excellent Communication skills (E)
- Task Management (E)
- Leadership experience (D)
- Experience with WordPress (D)
- Experience of risk management (D)
- Cost Management (D)
- Negotiation experience (D)
- Critical Thinking (D)
Career Development opportunities:
Our objective is for the project manager to become a project director / production director / studio director at around £3M in billings.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in an agency that has exciting growth plans where you’ll be able to make a real difference. Everyone involved in the business is highly-valued, and their suggestions, concerns, ideas are carefully listened to. The aim is to grow as a team and you’ll have a huge input into how that happens and what shape it takes.
This role brings great opportunity for career progression if that is a personal goal. However, this is not essential and we always remain flexible to your ambitions.
A huge positive is that this is a full time role that will allow for flexibility and remote working.
Your Experience / Background / Previous Roles May Include:
Web Projects, Development Projects, Project Coordinator, Digital Projects. Web Project Manager, Web Development Project Manager, Digital Agency Project Manager.
If you fit the bill, please send your CV with personalised cover letter (making sure its more than just a one-liner) to firstname.lastname@example.org.