work with us
Senior UX Researcher
Do you agree that things shouldn’t be done a certain way just because they’ve always been done that way? Are you passionate about making the web a better place and continuously innovating to achieve that?
If you believe in making the web more accessible, more user friendly and just a nicer place to be, then look no further.
We are currently looking for a UX researcher to join our growing agency at an exciting time.
The UX researcher role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in this industry to carve out a rewarding and profitable future with our company.
The end user is central to everything we do here at OrangeGrove. We put them first in all the websites we create and user experiences we mould.
So the right person for this role will have the same mindset and know how to deep dive to understand users on another level in order to create optimum experiences.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about driving results for our clients and wants to be an integral part of the growth of our agency.
We are exploring new areas to develop our understanding of users to achieve our vision for the web and achieve results for our clients. We know neuromarketing and behavioural science holds the answers here and how UX can be adapted to accommodate a deeper emotional understanding and resonance, the potential to develop your skills in this fascinating area is likely to be of huge interest.
The right candidate will be experienced in qualitative methods such as focus groups, in-depth interviewing, and usability testing, experienced with designing and analysing surveys, passionate about new technology in this field, and comfortable in a fast-moving organization, and excited to collaborate.
Senior UX Researcher
Reading | £40,000 – £50,000 + Company Perks + Flexible & Remote Working
Working closely with other designers, developers and stakeholders, you will be responsible for increasing conversions and generating leads for our clients through research, data, a strong process and a good understanding of persuasive design principles and feedback.
The role can be mixed between the office in Reading and remote. Due to the amount of client facing potential with this role (if and when it returns to that), we would expect the successful candidate to live ideally no more than 1hr away from Reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define research strategy and manage multiple projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design from scratch and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyse data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyse responses, and report findings
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience as a UX researcher and in user-testing
- Strong ability to report on research to develop user centric design briefs
- A high quality portfolio to demonstrate your process and results you’ve achieved
- Enjoys facilitating UX workshops and getting stakeholder buy-in
- Aptitude for mobile-first approach and design with performance in mind
- Articulate design decisions to peers, developers and product managers
- Recognises KPIs and is results focused
- Collaborate with other designers in the team
- Present designs and key deliverables to peers and other stakeholders
- Experience with analytics packages such as Google Analytics and Microsoft Clarity
- Confident using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with content management platforms such as WordPress
- Knowledge / experience of Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) and A/B Testing
- Understanding of conversion funnels and web form best practice
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, behavioural science communication, statistics or other related field
Nice to have:
- Strong design skills
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a UX consultancy / neuro web agency that does things differently. We have exciting growth plans and you’ll be able to make a real difference. Everyone involved in the business is highly-valued, and their suggestions, concerns, ideas carefully listened to. The aim is to grow as a team and you’ll have a huge input into how that happens and what shape it takes.
We promote an open, positive working environment, with a professional yet easy-going atmosphere.
As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape our future, and the role is only limited by your imagination and business acumen.
- A salary ranging from £40k to £50k depending on experience
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours with the ability to work from home and the office in Reading
- Pension plan, including company contributions
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Regular social activities based around significant company achievements.
If you fit the bill, please send your CV with personalised cover letter (making sure its more than just a one-liner) to email@example.com.