work with us
Do you agree that things shouldn’t be done a certain way just because they’ve always been done that way? Are you passionate about making the web a better place and continuously innovating to achieve that?
If you believe in making the web more accessible, more user friendly and just a nicer place to be, then look no further.
We are currently looking for a UX designer to join our growing agency at an exciting time.
The UX designer role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in this industry to carve out a rewarding and profitable future with our company.
The end user is central to everything we do here at OrangeGrove. We put them first in all the websites we create and user experiences we mould.
So the right person for this role will have the same mindset and know how to deep dive to understand users on another level in order to create optimum experiences.
You will be results driven and therefore eager to see how the user experiences you create, turns into results for the brand.
We are exploring new areas to develop our understanding of users to achieve our vision for the web and achieve results for our clients. We know neuromarketing and behavioural science holds the answers here and how UX can be adapted to accommodate a deeper emotional understanding and resonance, the potential to develop your skills in this fascinating area is likely to be of huge interest.
The right person for this role will have the following essential key attributes/skills:
- A natural jargon-free communicator
- Keen problem solver with the ability to make sense of the most confusing of topics and experiences
- Designing user-centric prototypes and mockups comes as second nature
- Self-motivated, comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- A keen desire to continually learn and develop new skills and insights
- Comfortable in a client-facing environment
Applicant should have:
- Experience using Adobe XD or Sketch for prototyping and design-work
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Experience with online tools such as InVision and Slickplan preferable but not essential.
- Excellent email and phone manner with personable nature
- Great organisational skills with attention to detail
- Some experience with Google Analytics and Adwords
- An understanding of and appreciation for the importance of SEO
- Good organisational and project/time management skills
- An understanding of web project processes
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- Based in or near Reading
- Excellent written and spoken English
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a UX consultancy / web design agency that does things differently. We have exciting growth plans and you’ll be able to make a real difference. Everyone involved in the business is highly-valued, and their suggestions, concerns, ideas carefully listened to. The aim is to grow as a team and you’ll have a huge input into how that happens and what shape it takes.
- Huge personal development opportunities
If you fit the bill, please send your CV with personalised cover letter (making sure its more than just a one-liner) to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form on this page.